Chocolate and black walnut dairy-free ice cream
Arguably better than the real thing and vegan too! This recipe makes about a pint of dairy-free frozen dessert. The number of servings completely depends on what one considers a normal serving size, a number that could be as low as one…..
Ingredients and Supplies:
- (1) ~14 oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
- (1) 4 oz. bittersweet dairy-free baking chocolate bar
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. black walnuts
- Mixing utensils
- Ice cream maker plus anything needed to operate the ice cream maker
- Freezer-safe container with lid
- Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan and add the chocolate and salt to that saucepan.
- Heat on a very low temperature, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is just melted and all ingredients are well combined.
- Turn off stove.
- Add vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the mixture into the freezer bowl of an ice cream maker.
- Add the black walnuts to the mixture in the freezer bowl.
- Process per ice cream maker manufacturer’s directions until the mixture has the consistency of soft ice cream.
- Load the mostly-frozen mixture into a freezer safe container with a lid and freeze for at least an additional two hours, which should bring the mixture to the consistency of hard ice cream.
- Serve (or eat yourself) and enjoy!