From the Black Squirrel Farms Cookbook
- (1) ~14 oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
- 9 oz. chocolate chips (Note: for this recipe to stay dairy-free, choose dairy-free chocolate chips. Also, the higher the fraction of cocoa solids in the chocolate chips, the more intense the bitter flavor in the fudge – we use bittersweet chips for this recipe which makes a more-bitter-than-average fudge)
- 1/4 c honey
- pinch salt
- 3/4 c. black walnuts
- Layer a small 8″x8″ of 9″x9″ baking pan with parchment or wax paper (use a bread pan if you like thick pieces of fudge)
- Add the coconut milk, honey and salt to a saucepan and mix / simmer / stir over med-low heat until the bubbling mixture has reduced to the consistency of thick gravy (the mixture should reduce by 1/3 – 1/2 of the original volume and the reduced liquid should thickly coat a wooden spoon).
- Turn off the heat and add the chocolate chips to the saucepan.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until the mixture is uniform and the chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Add the black walnuts and stir in until evenly distributed.
- Dump the mixture into the previously prepared baking pan, scraping the saucepan as clean as possible, and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Like our recipes? We’ll have black walnuts for sale in the late fall 2020. If you want to support us now, consider buying one of our black walnut shell-based green home cleaners.